WATAG (Western Area Transport Action Group) exists to improve public transport in the Westernmost part of Dorset. It is a forum for passengers, bus companies, council officials and local councillors. WATAG meets once every 2 months in Bridport. All are welcome.
Notice of General Meeting 109
Thursday 23rd May 2019 at 6:30 pm
WI. Hall, North Street, Bridport DT6 3JQ
1. Apologies for absence
2. Minutes of the last General Meeting (No 108 – held on 28th March 2019)
3. Matters arising not covered later
4. Report from “Travel Dorset”, and Dorset Councillors
5. Developments on the Bridport to Yeovil corridor
6. Other Bus Operator News: First Wessex, Buses of Somerset, Damory, Stagecoach
SouthWest, Dorset Community Transport, NORDCAT, Axe Valley & West Dorset Ring &
Ride and National Express – to include through ticketing opportunities, and advice on cost
7. Railway Operators: Great Western Railway, South Western Railway. New timetable and
latest news of purchasing through rail/ bus tickets
8. Community initiatives: Bridport and District Community Bus service 7; Beaminster
Saturday CB3; others.
9. Democratic Moment: Your opportunity to air any transport matter not raised earlier
Planned General Meetings dates for the remainder of the year:
Thursdays 25th July, 26th September and 28th November 2019
You can ask to be added to the email list and our Secretary will send you the agenda as soon as it is available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to raise an item to be placed on a future agenda – please contact the Chair, if possible, before the first Monday of the meeting month. Our email is email@example.com
Please note that the Committee meet on the first Tuesday or Wednesday of every month when we plan future meetings, deal with any correspondence and arrange participation at events, conferences and similar gatherings.
Should you have matters which are urgent and cannot wait until the next Public meeting please do not hesitate to contact the Secretary or the Chair.